Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hand drawn archipelago

Looking great I really like the border.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."-Confucius
    Old map and Historic map

Diamond, yep the dotted area in SE mountain semi circle is a city. Trying to find a different symbol to use for built up areas. Not sure it came off too well, I think the dots are to large and overpowering, might have been better off to use smaller dots LOL. The triangle dot symbol elsewhere are ruins. The other symbols so far are varying population levels of towns / villages etc. I've been trying to think up a background story as TheHoarseWhisper suggested, but I'm not having any luck there either. And yeah the borders can get tedious, but if your dead tired their just brain dead repetition so no big deal you won't even remember you did them!

Glad you like the Amberroberts09, feel free to steal em if you wish

Looking good Vellum!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Vellum, if you're going with the Spanish main idea, and you're looking for a story, I smell pirates, treasure, native peoples, colonialism, and possibly civil conflict. Damsels and distress comes to mind, also .

Guild Novice Facebook Connected OguzhanKavakci's Avatar

A great drawing. But the marsh makes it looks like it was about to break off.

Quote Originally Posted by OguzhanKavakci View Post
    A great drawing. But the marsh makes it looks like it was about to break off.
    I'm not following this. The marsh / swamp / fen area is an area that separates two ocean / sea / deep water bodies. ATM it is not completed northwest or southeast to break up the hard edge if that is what you mean. it's still a wip

Couple more small updates, just nibbling away at this and that. Scan has cut off the right hand border, but you can see this in previous posts, added the left vertical border, some more mountain range in west island, started second compass rose ink, few more symbols. Trying out some new to me techniques as in the sinking ship and barrels, barrels really need a smaller pen weight for the waves I think, that and a bit of more practice on my part to get them to look like waves
    I'm not sure this is maintaining the pirate seal of approval anumore LOL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	archipelago rev 3.png 
Views:	418 
Size:	3.97 MB 
ID:	51831

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Great job so far. I'm not really convinced by the barrels but the ship on waves is excellent! I really like your compass roses and especially your rhumb lines

Yeah I'm not too happy with the barrels, but they are in ink!! so they stay. I try not to get to upset when I screw something up, especially something I don't take the time to practice the technique first, just lay it down, DOH! rhumb lines are good, I liked the way they came out, so I'll be reusing those. fyi the small anchor symbols represent safe harbor / anchorage spots, not real settlements of any sort. These could be pirate hides?

Looks great so far. Love the ship.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12