Thread: Introduction

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Introduction

Hello everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself. I am currently attempting to do some cartography for a novel that I am writing. Worldbuilding has always been a passion of mine and I have always been interested in mapmaking, however somehow I never managed to stumble upon this website until now. I am not much of an artist at all and so it is sheer determination which will see me through.

The setting is a medieval-esque city and the fiction is hardboiled noirish fantasy. I am trying to start with the city itself first before thinking about the continent and the rest of the world. Perhaps if I manage to get anything together, I will see what you all think about it so that you can all call me crazy.

Nonetheless, I am looking forward to reading what is available here on the forum and learning from the tutorials. This is an amazing resource.

See you around!

CT McNeely

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Here at the Guild, the Mappiest Place on the Web, we do indeed pride ourselves on our library of instructional manuals. You will be pleasantly surprised, I am sure, to find out how "easily" you pick up the tricks of the trade. The one problem we have found is that getting into the Library is the easy part....finding the motivation to LEAVE is where most people have the hardest time.......

Welcome and have fun
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent