Thread: First Map - Zanidar, the Jewel of the East

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map First Map - Zanidar, the Jewel of the East

Hello. I'm new here to the forum and I figured I might as well post a map I've been working on. It was originally for a D&D Group I was DM'ing for and it kind of took a life of its own. Its really basic - drawn with a tablet, a few odds and ends to make it look presentable - and it hasn't got any names yet or cities on it yet, but I know the actual 'art' needs work. Any critiques or help you could give so I could improve would be really appreciated.

What really made me tear my hair out was the climates and the scale. When I started the map, all I was really thing was 'fantasy Africa' and when I learned a little bit about climates, scale, and projections, I was kind of stuck. I ignored projections entirely and just decided to stick the whole thing roughly in southern hemisphere, with the northern tip of the mainland poking at the equator. Climate was based on vague estimates of where I thought latitude lines would be - the grid just for show - but the scale I chose (estimated) probably messes the whole thing up. Any help there would be especially appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zanidar - Jewel of the East Climate Map No Names.jpg 
Views:	510 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	51667