Thread: Create a City Contest!

Post Create a City Contest!

The rules are out! With that, the Shattered Lands is unveiling its first big contest. We will be searching for submissions that describe a city somewhere in the Lands. The location is up to the submitter, as is the method they use to describe the place. The winner will have their city permanently incorporated into the Lands canon!

The rules are as follows:
    The city must conform to the lore of the Lands. While it can introduce new lore or incorporate old lore in a new way, it cannot blatantly contradict the history of the Lands. While we are always looking for complex postmodern viewpoints on history, there is a difference between a minor contradiction that may be due to the fog of time and major ones that would be irreconcilable.

The city must have some manner of description. While we would love sketches and the like as entries, any art entry must be accompanied by at least one line of text with some flavor-description.

Bonus points if the city is described “in-character.”

The entry must be submitted before the end of July. The contest ends on July 31.

Some guidelines:
    When making a city or location for the Lands, I always like to consider it a potential campaign setting rather than a once-or-twice adventure. If you were to move to a new city and live there for a few years, you’d begin to feel its, well its unspoken themes, its lifeblood. In D&D we don’t get a few years to get used to a city. Players need to understand the overarching things almost immediately. For this reason, cities in the Lands tend to be somewhat exaggerated. Puimur’s Oldtown, for example, is much like the buried portions of any modern city with ancient roots. However, it is juiced up to be more exciting.

IN the same vein, your city should have something unique and attention-grabbing to it. It should make the players want to visit it when they hear of it. It should reinforce the Shattered Lands themes while still playing on its own motifs. Have fun, and remember: this setting is a community creation, and all communal input is welcome.

Please email any submissions to kestar@gmail.com or post them in this thread.

Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

Could you please post a link to a place where we can learn about this land?
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)

Sure! I can't believe I didn't include one.

Here!