With the Creature Guide, which is available starting today, one now can download the complete, free, open source and open gaming 3rd Edition of the Dungeons Daring (TM) fantasy RPG.
What's the mapping significance? 60 new raster maps of monster scenarios are available for free personal and commercial use with the Creature Guide. Two of the 60 scenario maps, showing a wyvern and minotaurs, can be seen in the samples above.
All 60 maps are available in three forms:
1. One can print them simply by printing the PDF pages they're on.
2. One can use cut-and-paste operations to snag them as JPGs from the pages of the Creature Guide Reference Document. Most have widths of 1360 pixels with varying heights.
3. One can download the original maps in fmp-format and use, edit or manipulate them in any way desired with Fractal Mapper (TM) 8.
The new Creature Guide offers substantially improved graphics (compared to the 1st and 2nd edition versions), additional "monsters" and more creature templates. That makes it possible for a game master to quickly drop useable versions of new creatures into an adventure.
The 3rd Edition of the Dungeons Daring is a substantial departure from the first two editions. 3rd Edition is:
• An ability-based game.
• A game that is simpler to run and play than the first two editions or OGL 3.5 games.
• An RPG that's just about the opposite of OGL 3.5 games.
3rd Edition is completely ability-and-check based. Characters are made by defining abilities, and the result of actions is determined by ability checks against opposing checks and difficulty levels. Our playtesters found that this system works well, runs smoothly and produces good and credible results with far fewer dice rolls and considerably less math than in most other RPGs that they know.
For more information and downloading go to:
Dungeons Daring™ Fantasy Role-Playing Game
The Vintyri (TM) Project is a non-commercial organization. All of our products are released free as open source material under the Open Game License 1.0a.
The Vintyri (TM) Project