View Poll Results: Vote for AS MANY ENTRIES AS YOU WISH, but help select a winner

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *** January 2013 Challenge VOTING: Map based on "Ruin" ***

Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

I will certainly try an finish mine. I had (have) a plan for it, and it's good practice.

My votes were for:

Temple of Ruin by Troedel
    The Ruins of The White Eagle Fortress by eViLe_eAgLe
    Chapel Of The Holy Rose by Freehand 5.5

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected Vyxxen's Avatar

Due to a bad month at work I didn't get the time I wanted to finish my map of the village of Rordim, but I voted for The Ruins of White Eagle Fortress and The Castle Under the Sand. Nice work from all entrants though

Wow. This is down to the wire!
    M

Guild Artisan

Alright I voted last night, but wanted to get all my thoughts on all the pieces together before posting.

A Dark Age - Good Start, and colors. Love, truly love the moldy looking corner in the map.

Ruin of the White Eagle - Nice colors again and design layout. My only negative really was the I assume unfinished portions, some pieces left uncolored, but really liked it.

Chapel of the Holy Rose - Beautiful! Enough said? Probably, but it did come out as more art than map, but wow.

The Medusa - Really wanted to see where this was going. Colors were dark and intriguing.

Castle Under the Sand - Very Nice, loved the 3-d look. Really looked just like an archaeological(2 tries to just get this word to pull up in spell check and even then not sure I chose the right one) dig.

Sunken Spur - Dumb Name, lol, its mine so its ok to be so harsh. I have to learn how to change the title of the thread as 1/2 the time I can't figure my title out. Only true regret here, is I wasnt able to get my story/history on the same page, felt I would have to settle for too small of a picture and lose the underwater detail. Oh well. It was a blast, got to create skeletal sharks from scratch and drown a city.

Ruins of Ningar - Nice. A little "cluttered" in the small picture, but took form when zoomed in. And man did I ever want to zoom in even more to see all the details. Negative is I wish I could have zoomed in more, but you were able to get the story in which added a lot, and great layout there as well.

Space Elevator - Nice artwork, was very nice to see it from the beginning sketch to where it ended. Not quite sure what the Green dots and track were, but thought it came out great.

Tadmur - Such promise . Awesome start, I look forward to seeing the end result.

Ruins of Bridgeton - Great Map, colors and layout. Bridge was great. So many little details.

Remnats of Castlemourn - Wow. Lost in the small picture are all the details. Zoom in and it is so full of texture and life.

Temple of Ruin - Great colors again and layout. Love the aged creases in the paper, really made it look folded and then laid out again.

Was so close. I casted 3 votes if memory serves me correct.
    1)Ruins of Ningar
    2)Ruins of Bridgeton
    3)Chapel of the Holy Rose

Such variety, truly a great challenge and was fun to participate in it.
    Last edited by Kier; 02-02-2013 at 11:40 AM.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Pryme8's Avatar

the chapel deserves to win, only one I voted for!

Lots of great entries in this one. I hope we can keep up the volume of entrants in the months to come as it's always much more fun this way.

In the end I voted for three (In no particular order):
    Freehand - Beautifully put together. Limited a bit on the mapping side but so simple and well executed. You make me totally want to go get a book on Calligraphy and start learning.
    mearin69 - Awesome idea and a perfect location for an adventure party to have to go retrieve some object from the previous inhabitants. I'll have to remember this one for one of my gaming sessions. It looks great as well.
    Sapiento - Looks great, perhaps a bit more rubble could have been shown but I totaly love the graves man, those were an awesome touch.

I think these are all fantastic and satisfy the challenge nicely. It's too bad they all can't win.

Evil Eagle, I almost voted for yours as well and only the fact that it was not quite completed made me hesitate. I think this was just excellent and I really loved the hand drawn elements. I hope you do more of this.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Funny, Jax: that was my exact plan, though it's still vague. Was thinking there would be some artifact or other needs retrieving.

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Truly a fantastic challenge with many different styles.

Well I had high hopes for RJ Beals map, but unfinished as it was I could give it my vote (but I do hope you finish it RJ, it's fantastic!). My two votes went to Freehand 5.5's Chapel of the Holy Rose, and Mearrin69's The Ruins of Ningan. However there were several other lovely entries as well. Great job everyone.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast