Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Possible art theft

If they don't take em down and / or resolve your issue per larb / torstan's suggestion you could --- contact PayPal and let them know of the theft, I don't have an account on that site, but if they are using PayPal,

Guild Member Facebook Connected Thordred's Avatar

I don't understand people who do this kind of thing, it's not like they'll make any big bucks out of it? I mean stealing brushes, there has to be some better things to steal if you're going to steal anything.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Its the small bricks building a house, that Person sold over 600 items with her account. I dont say that the other items are stolen As well, but this is a possibility. Considering most items are Sold for about 4$ and having the Site take 50% that would still Be an income of over 2000$ of page income. I try Not to Be a bitchy person, but this is agitating me, considering that i have been in a series of extreme bad luck the past two weeks, which crashed my sources of income, i feel realy angree. Ah and there have been also Elements of Chashio in it.

It is because it is low-effort theft with little to no risk. Even if the brushes are taken down, that person has still made $30 up to this point (minus whatever the site takes). If the other brushes have been stolen from else where too, then over several dozen items, it quickly adds up. I don't know how reputable the site is but there's a chance they'll take a somewhat laissez-faire approach to that sort of stuff if they're getting a cut (I am not saying they are though) which also makes this kind of thing more attractive to such people.

And you can tell it's not some ignorant mistake because they have tried to obfuscate the origin of the brushes by altering them slightly.

It makes me angry because not only is it profiting off of the work of others, it's scamming the customer as people can find those brushes here.

Anyway, I would follow the gentle approach Torstan suggested. That would be best I think.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

With gentle you can always escalate. If you start out at full throttle it's hard to go back.

The page has been taken down, sorry to hear you've been having problems Schwarzkreuz.

Yeah lets keep this up!! If we find em, we post em!! I don't do this for a living, just a fun thing for me, but this p...... me off!! You guys who have the talent deserve the rewards, but then again rl requires one to be ever vigilant. Thanks for the heads up Diamond, good job!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Thanks. It was just a random fluke, really, that I even saw that page in the first place. I was Googling something completely different, that was one of the image results, and I was like "Wow, that looks familiar..."

It's not the first time I've busted someone doing **** like that. A couple of months ago, someone on DeviantArt had posted brushes made from John Ross's 'hill country' font and claimed credit for the design. I alerted John and he created such a sh!tstorm on that person's DA page that not only are the brushes gone, but both of us have been banned from posting on her page.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast