Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Possible art theft

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Default Possible art theft

I can't remember who drew these originally, Torstan possibly? But someone seems to have stolen the art, made brushes of them, and is selling them for $5 a pop here:

Add-ons - Old Map Elements 2 | GraphicRiver

Whoever did these mountains originally might want to have a word or three with the poster and the Graphicriver site...

On the other hand, if the person who posted the brushes there IS Torstan or whoever originally drew those mountains, then never mind.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Those aren't mine - but you're right they look very familiar. Djekspek perhaps?

Hi, I think it's Schwarzkreuz's work (and called "torstan style by the way ).
    Here's the link :
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/ma...ollection.html

Really hope it's not a theft !

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

I think Ilanthar is right. Those are the Schwarzkreuz "torstan's style" brushes. the guy just mixed them into blocks if you look at it carefully. Other brushes (rift, trees are from some other people I can't remember who made them though)

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Wtf???? They are my brushes indeed! And also some which i wanted to out in a commercial Set myself. They should not Be available in my hight res format. Any Tips how to handle this?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

The mountain ones are def. built using Schwarzkreuz's brushes. Case in point = Look at the sold set, at the group of mountains directly above the compass, specifically the two peaks. Now compare the left peak to Schwarzkreuz's set first wow 7th brush and the right peak to the 10th on the first row. One placed behind the other and darkened a bit.....The rift looks like something someone made using one of DJ's tuts.

Has anyone dropped Schwarzkreuz a line so he would be aware, if he isn't already?

***EDIT***
    Sorry to hear that Schwarzkreuz, unfortunately I have no clue how to proceed..
    Last edited by Korash; 02-05-2013 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Ninja'ed by the Man himself
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

I just compared them quick and you can see the person has just mashed some together. I wouldn't be surprised if the other brush sets are stolen. Selling other people's work is just wrong.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brushcomp.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	114.5 KB 
ID:	51857  

Ahh, Schwarz has already seen!

First thing I would do is contact the site owners and let them know someone is selling your work on their site without permission. After that, I am not sure.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Firstly I'd email the person who put the brushes up. They're listed on the site as sarthony@gmail.com Take it gently - they've only sold 6 copies - and the easiest way this is resolved is that they apologise, take them down and maybe send you $20 via paypal

If they dispute your ownership, contact the people behind the site and point them to your thread where you create the brushes. The joy of forum posts is that they're dated At that point the user should get the message and have them taken down.

On the plus side - sarthony has shown that people are willing to pay for your brushes!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast