Thread: Vya System Map

Guild Applicant

Wip Vya System Map

This the map map of the Vya System, and is home to and part of the Vyan Empire. Badly drawn by hand, and hard to see, I know . I'll be updating it as soon as I have the cash to buy a graphics tablet and Photoshop.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image (3).jpg 
Views:	396 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	51793

18 Planets altogether, I have each mapped out and have its' function within the Empire planned out. Still need to work out exact sizes of the planets and distances from the sun, might take some time.
    Any questions about system or planets are welcomed, hopefully I have the answer already figured out.

How fascinating. I too have made my own solar system to augment my Planet Eben post. Loddy, have you ever seen a program called Universe Sandbox? It's at universesandbox.com, or just do a search for it. It's an astronomical program that calculates gravity. You can watch all kinds of planetary and galactic simulations and even build your own solar system and watch it work. Yours would be particularly interesting and challenging as you have several planets sharing an orbit. I think you'd like it.

I like the map. Looks like something a survey team in a "retro-tech" setting would sketch as a draft on entering the system - translating from the numbers streaming across their monitors into something human's can more readily understand.
    M

A map of this sort might be better illustrated with vector software such as Inkscape, which happens to be free. Then there's the Gimp, which is a free Photoshop substitute. I personally find it a little abstruse, but there are lots of folks here who make masterpieces with it. Or if you're really attached to Photoshop, you can always use the 30-day free trial. Won't help you with the tablet part of things, but you don't really need a tablet for ellipses and text.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Quote Originally Posted by ManOfSteel View Post
    How fascinating. I too have made my own solar system to augment my Planet Eben post. Loddy, have you ever seen a program called Universe Sandbox? It's at universesandbox.com, or just do a search for it. It's an astronomical program that calculates gravity. You can watch all kinds of planetary and galactic simulations and even build your own solar system and watch it work. Yours would be particularly interesting and challenging as you have several planets sharing an orbit. I think you'd like it.
    Yes I had also gone there a pretty good space that is. You will definitely love it...
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."-Confucius
    Old map and Historic map