Thread: WIP Campaign Map

Wip WIP Campaign Map

Working on a map for my pathfinder campaign. Not going for anything super realistic, but would appreciate any advice. I used Donjon's fractal world generator as a base in order to save some time in the start up. This is my first attempt at a regional/world map.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map.jpg 
Views:	567 
Size:	518.9 KB 
ID:	56817

Edited map from original
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sample.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	507.5 KB 
ID:	56790  
    Last edited by amril; 08-12-2013 at 01:42 AM.

It lacks enough points of reference for me to read it as intended so it makes it difficult to suggest anything. Everything seems really blurry so I can't really tell whats up in the burnt zone in the center though. I would imagine that an exposed worlds geography would resemble something barren but not especially tortured, basically regular just without any plant life, the only significant topical difference being the amount of meteor strikes being slightly higher in the affected zone. I would also imagine it being very hot, very wet, and i wouldn't expect to see snow even on top of the mountains but that could just be me thinking wishful. I'm not sure what's going on at the top of the map there.

I'd say if it were me the first step I'd want to do is clear everything up starting with the high points and low points making sure there is a clear visual distinction between the two and then start filling in from there.

I took what you said into account and went through and focused harder on my textures, trying to get a more reddish desert in the center. Will retry elevations tomorrow.