Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remove own uploads from server

Default Remove own uploads from server

How do I do this?
    Removing attachments still leaves them on the server.
    Last edited by Fury; 02-05-2013 at 08:00 PM.

Go to the Settings page, then in the left column, select "Attachments." You'll get a list of every attachment you've uploaded. Tick the check box next to the one(s) you want to delete, then scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Delete Selected" button. That should remove the file from the database as well as deleting any references to it in existing posts.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

As Mid said you can do it very easily...
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."-Confucius
    Old map and Historic map

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    Go to the Settings page, then in the left column, select "Attachments." You'll get a list of every attachment you've uploaded. Tick the check box next to the one(s) you want to delete, then scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Delete Selected" button. That should remove the file from the database as well as deleting any references to it in existing posts.
    Yes, that is what I did. The attachments are still there but the checkboxes are now gone and there's no where to tick anything anymore.

Attachment 51877Attachment 51878

Odd. I tried it when I was giving my instructions, just to be sure that I had it right, and it worked flawlessly for me. Try clearing your browser cache, maybe?

Attachment 51909

The attachments I uploaded above appear in my settings with the checkboxes but you can see that all my other attachments have no checkboxes. They were successfully deleted but all my other attachments still remain with no checkboxes. My cache is cleared automatically everytime the browser closes.

So I've contacted the 'administrator' but no response so far.
    Attachment 51964

Arcana sometimes gets pretty busy and may not have time to look into it for a while. I'm not sure if there's anybody else with enough access to the system to see what's going on.

And it's been nearly a week and nothing's happened.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sorry about the delay, I'm trying to figure out your problem here...it looks like in your next to last screenshot there some of the attachments are not attached to posts, and therefore there's no checkbox...is that correct? Can you try attaching one of the detached uploads to this thread in a post and see if it makes it selectable again?

If you go to reply to this thread and click the Go Advanced button, then click manage attachments, do the attachments you wish to remove still appear in the asset manager?

If they do, there should be a question mark that appears in the top right of the thumbnail of each one when you hover over it that says asset usage...see if the asset usage lists anything and let me know.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast