Thread: Map of Vorallon

Default Map of Vorallon

It has been ages since I have been here. I have an excuse though, I have been writing a high fantasy novel called The Final Warden. It takes place upon a small section of the World of Vorallon and for that I have illustrated the book with a map:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vorallonxx.jpg 
Views:	629 
Size:	498.1 KB 
ID:	51904

It is fairly simple and straight forward. I hand drew a few mountains and hills and replicated them for my mountain ranges. Then drew in my coastlines and rivers and added small graphics for the cities. Finally I labelled all the locations with a white glow around the text to help them seperate from the graphics. There are no keys for distance. In some places the map is deliberately out of scale just to show some details from the content of the story. Technically the people in the story have no written language either, though I figured I HAD to have labels.

I am keen to know what everyone thinks. This book is available on Amazon in kindle and paperback...but I do have two sequel books coming out soon so those COULD have improved maps based on popular feedback.
    My debut novel, The Final Warden is available on Amazon.com in paperback and on Kindle.

Please visit my blog for more information about my writing and my art

Please visit my sketchbook on Conceptart.org
    TomCardin

I assume this is in the book? I think a nice clean uncluttered map like this is best for novels myself so as not to overwhelm the reader. The readers can always look up your site/blog for more detailed maps if they really want to know more about the world.

Anyway, great to hear you have your book out there. You're a step further ahead than me. I just cannot seem to finish mine. =P

Thank you Larb, yes it is in the book...in the paperback it looks dynamite, kindle version it came in very small, about 1/4 of the screen.
    My debut novel, The Final Warden is available on Amazon.com in paperback and on Kindle.

Please visit my blog for more information about my writing and my art

Please visit my sketchbook on Conceptart.org
    TomCardin

Very nice, Tom, and congrats on your book! Have some rep!
    M