Thread: Greetings, Salutations, and Whatnot

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Applicant

Post Greetings, Salutations, and Whatnot

So - introductory note.

I'm Michael Guenther, an alum of THE Ohio State University, and current employee of The University of Tennessee as a IT System Administrator. I work for the overarching UT System organization, which provides governance and other services to the various UT Board of Trustees schools.

My primary work is involved with Windows (ick) and MS SQL databases (I had to retire my "Not-A-DBA" hat a few months ago).

I've been gaming since Adam took a bite out of the apple.

I've played a metric crap-ton of different RPG's and have always hand drawn any maps that I've needed to come up with. Looking at the maps that Chris West has done for Star Wars and hearing that he got tapped to do maps for Monte Cook's Numenera project got me interested in doing maps with my iMac.

I started a few weeks ago trying to do little things in Pixelmator, but got frustrated, so I took advantage of my UT Staff discount and picked myself up a copy of CS6 Design Studio and cheap Wacom Bamboo tablet. Now I get to feel the frustration of learning PS again after not using it for twelve years.

And that's the story of me, as it relates to here.

Happy Mapping!

Have fun with CS6 some good tutorials here, so hunt em down. Enjoy the surfing look forward to seeing you post something

Welcome to the Guild KnoxvilleBuckeye! Well I wish you all the best in your new digital mapping adventure. Yeah there is a learning curve, but once you get past it digital mapping has allot of advantages over traditional mediums (though I love traditional hand drawn maps!).

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh