Thread: Greetings!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Ringing's Avatar

Post Greetings!

I don't ussually join forums or threads but since i started a D&D game in SL, I have found myself making maps ((As hosting a game in secondlife i have the freedom to build or upload a map easily.)), and as i am always looking for tips and content. I decided why not join.

Hello again I would like to share the first map i ever made it was edited and created in GIMP, as its really the only image program i use
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maptry245.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	330.3 KB 
ID:	52068
    This is the map before i added the town Names

Welcome to the Guild! It's a pretty good map. I like the icons. Did you draw them yourself? The whole thing might look slightly better if the base map (all but the icons) had a bit more saturation, to match the colorfulness of the icons. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!
    M

Accually i used open source images for the towns I was looking forward to trying to make some myself on my next map, And I will try to add more saturation as you say to the next one.
    And Thanks

Welcome to the Guild Ringing! Isn't it such a good feeling to be able to create your very own maps for your campaign? I love that. Anyway, hope to see you around.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Welcome to the guild. Continent looks like Fractal Terrains? Keep looking around, and just map on

yeah i used a fractal map to get my contenents and kinda merged three maps together in gimp