Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M.A.G.U.S. 20th Anniversary Commission

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map M.A.G.U.S. 20th Anniversary Commission

I recently had the privilege of being asked to recreate a world map for the twentieth anniversary of a Hungarian role playing game called M.A.G.U.S., produced by the company Delta Vision. The main continent of this fantasy world, Ynev, has had an extensive history (multiple novels have been published on the matter), and there have been many different iterations of this map. As such, the geographical specifications for this map were very detailed and precise. This posed an exciting challenge for me as I was asked to do this map in the same style as my Eriond map, and the techniques I use for creating geographical features using that style is somewhat less than precise, to say the least. However in the end the commission was completed to everyone's satisfaction.

For this commission I was only asked to create the geographical features. The labeling, borders and other such details are going to be handled in-house. One thing to bear in mind is that this world has magical origins, and as a result, some of the geographical features do not make sense by the standards of the actual world. All in all, I had allot of fun working on this commission. Thanks again to Delta Vision for allowing me to be a part of it all.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Name:  Magus Small.jpg
Views: 2030
Size:  43.8 KB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ynev Small.jpg 
Views:	714 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	52074   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Calowyn Small.jpg 
Views:	436 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	52076   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anvaria Small.jpg 
Views:	478 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	52077   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Y'nev Orbital View Small.png 
Views:	394 
Size:	2.77 MB 
ID:	52078  

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Height maps are not my favorite kind of maps but it's a fine job though. Congrats.
    What are the final sizes of each one?

Thanks Max. The final size for the main Ynev map is 4270x6000px and the others are each slightly smaller.

Very nice, arsheesh! Too bad i am not able to read and understand hungarian. I also love the older maps you linked to. Now i am very curious about this world.

Have some Rep.!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

A really good piece of artwork arsheesh! I like the way you controlled the heightmap.

Some rep. added!

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Hi,
    I'm from Hungary, and i'm playing this RPG
    Thats a very, very good map. Lots of people done the world already, but this is my favourite one.
    Those who don't know it, it's some kind of fantasy world, mostly with humans, halfelves, elves, dwarwes, orcs, wiers (like vampires), and lots of other creatures with two whole Bestiarium full of monsters for the game.
    For example this is the biggest city in the game: Erion (with 3 days walkthrought and with 1 km wide wall, palace quarter, necropolis...)
    http://lom.uw.hu/erion.jpg

Again i love yout work, they all amazing!

Best wishes:

Vya

Thanks Vya, I'm really glad you like them; as you say, there have been many different versions of this map, some of them quite good, so it is high praise that you like these ones best. Out of curiosity, do you know if these have been published yet? For some reason I haven't heard back from the people over at M.A.G.U.S. recently to here where things are at. I'd definitely be keen to know if my work has appeared in print though.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

I've never seen your work before, so i think it wasn't printed, or just weren't published on official website.
    You inspirated me, so i just done a globe, with atmosphere and shadow, not as good as yours, 'cause i didn't use all 3 continens, just the main, Ynev.

Oh and i forgot to mention the name of the planet is Satralis Just if you interested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast