Thread: M.A.G.U.S. 20th Anniversary Commission

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map M.A.G.U.S. 20th Anniversary Commission

I recently had the privilege of being asked to recreate a world map for the twentieth anniversary of a Hungarian role playing game called M.A.G.U.S., produced by the company Delta Vision. The main continent of this fantasy world, Ynev, has had an extensive history (multiple novels have been published on the matter), and there have been many different iterations of this map. As such, the geographical specifications for this map were very detailed and precise. This posed an exciting challenge for me as I was asked to do this map in the same style as my Eriond map, and the techniques I use for creating geographical features using that style is somewhat less than precise, to say the least. However in the end the commission was completed to everyone's satisfaction.

For this commission I was only asked to create the geographical features. The labeling, borders and other such details are going to be handled in-house. One thing to bear in mind is that this world has magical origins, and as a result, some of the geographical features do not make sense by the standards of the actual world. All in all, I had allot of fun working on this commission. Thanks again to Delta Vision for allowing me to be a part of it all.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Name:  Magus Small.jpg
Views: 2030
Size:  43.8 KB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ynev Small.jpg 
Views:	714 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	52074   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Calowyn Small.jpg 
Views:	436 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	52076   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anvaria Small.jpg 
Views:	478 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	52077   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Y'nev Orbital View Small.png 
Views:	394 
Size:	2.77 MB 
ID:	52078