Thread: Map 40 - Skyward Hold

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Derek Von Zarovich's Avatar

Map Map 40 - Skyward Hold

New fantastic location !!! a Flying Fortress where adventurers can be hired to do daredevil missions !

Everybody in the kingdom knows about Skyward Hold, the flying town, the floating fortress. Ancient wizards harnessed the power of the wind and bound elemental spirits to big islands of rock. Originally it was used for their guild, but after so many years, now the kingdom has claimed them and uses them as a flying fortress.

Only the best soldiers are assigned to the Skyward Patrol. It requires the best fighters and most disciplined people. This fantastic location can serve as a mission-giving central hub for low-medium level parties. The only way to reach Skyward Hold is by riding griffins or similar flying creatures; or teleportation. Only the most loyal followers or servants of the crown are admitted in Skyward Hold. There could be an entire quest or mission aimed only to pull a favor to get here, or to impress an aristocrat, to be appointed to the patrol.

This is part of my Map Vault in my website.
    If anyone is interested, there's a patreon camapign at www.patreon.com/elventower
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40 Skyward Hold-L.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	437.5 KB 
ID:	90484  
    I'm the owner of www.elventower.com, I spend my time writing DM tips and guides for my website and drawing all kinds of maps to share them online.

I also crowdsource my work here www.patreon.com/elventower

I'm curious as to how inhabitants traverse between levels. Is that also by flying creature/teleportation?

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Derek Von Zarovich's Avatar

It's explained in the website that the dwarves who man this fortress use griffins for transportations. There are also a small number of bird people who can fly.
    I'm the owner of www.elventower.com, I spend my time writing DM tips and guides for my website and drawing all kinds of maps to share them online.

I also crowdsource my work here www.patreon.com/elventower