Thread: So...Here I am! Greetings from Greece

Post So...Here I am! Greetings from Greece

First of all I want to say hi to everybody! I am a random guy who happens to be a passionate PnP player since like forever! I have been playing DnD, Werewolf the Apocalypse, new World Of Darkness and literally everything I could get my hands on. But unfortunately I moved back to my home town and now I can not find anyone to continue my adventures anymore...
    So I turned to the online PnP programs! After I experimented with a few I think that the best one for me is Roll20. I love it. I started experimenting with it and I find it great. But it has a few problems. Anyhow my main complain is its maps. There are no ready-made maps for quick reference. At least I couldn't find one. After a quick goole-ing session I found you guys! And since I am a DnD freak I want to expand my knowledge to the awesomeness of map making! And even use my maps for the original table top game (if I ever find anyone to play that is!)
    So for starters I would appreciate if you could recommend for me any ready made area maps to use as an "one-night-session" so I can get familiar with Roll20. And then I want to plunge myself in the wonders of map making!

PS: I want to apologize in advance for any mistakes I made-will make regarding my vocabulary since English is not my native language...

Welcome aboard, check out the various forums for the "scale" of the map you are looking for whether world, town setting or local encounters, there is a ton of stuff here. That or get gimp and inkscape (free) and make your own enjoy

Welcome to the Guild Mike! Well you have come to the right place to learn how to do digital map-making. The tutorials section is a great place to begin. If you have any questions, feel free to let us know.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh