Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hi, I'm new here and this is what the message in my email said to do.

I just wanted to browse and look at all the cool maps that people make. I'm super jealous of everyone's talents.

I like to game and have been table top gaming for years. I've always made my maps by hand but have recently started fiddling with Paint.net and Hexographer.

I'm a newb and just want some super simple tools to use.

Oh, I'm Lindsay *points to my tag* and um... I dunno. If you wanna know something then I guess just ask.

~ Lindsay <3

Welcome to the guild Lindsay. Have fun cruizin the site, lots of stuff in here, look over the tutorial forum. enjoy

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Firstly. welcome to the Guild, The Mappiest Place on the Web

Secondly, if you are using Paint.Net, you should look for tutorials by PeaceHeather. She hasn't been on here for a while now, but she did post a few real nice tuts for PdN. In fact even browsing the tutorials or WIP (Work In Progress) forums can expand your knowledge base and give you ideas to try with your weapon of choice.

Have fun and enjoy the ride. Post anything you come up with if you want pointers or have questions. We are not judgmental at all and can be real helpful if you but ask for it
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Welcome to the Guild Lindsay! The other thing to note is that GIMP, while not a "simple" tool is a very powerful free tool. Also, there are tons of tutorials for GIMP on offer here, some of them fairly simple, so you may wish to add this to your arsenal.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Welcome! Looking forward to your maps.