Thread: Hello World

Default Hello World

Hi everyone -- long time lurker and first time poster (I think... maybe I've said something minor somewhere... but I don't believe I've intro'd myself). Anyhow, thanks to some of the tutorials here I finally decided to get through my GIMP barrier and do a map. I've been a carto fan for as long as I can remember, and participated in a number of carto projects for the SCA. But, mostly it's been for my own gaming. The map below is for my own ongoing Sosaria campaigns in the world made famous by the Ultima series of computer games. I wanted to use a somewhat calligraphic style for the map, and made use of some of the middle earth brushes particularly for the trees. Total time was about 5 hours. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sosaria_Handdraw-small.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	52036

Hey nice map, take a look at some of the tutorials and have at it have alittle rep for posting a map on your first post!

Welcome to the Guild. That turned out nicely, especially for your first GIMP map. Hope to see more of your contributions in the days ahead.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

That's really cool!

Nice map and welcome to the Guild!
    M