Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long (on average) does a post take to be moderated?

Guild Novice

Default How long (on average) does a post take to be moderated?

I posted my first WIP map posting to the Regional/World Map forum for crit a few hours ago but I still do not see it.

How long does a first posting take to be moderated?
    Do all subsequent posting also require moderation or is it just the first?

Thanks

Vapourfire.

Guild Novice

Hmm... this post was immediately available... How do I check if there was a problem with my previous post?

The community leaders aren't on station at all times, so it may take a bit before one of them comes on and checks the moderation queue. I'm not sure what flags a post for moderation (external links probably), but once your first post has cleared, you shouldn't be troubled by it again. The only other limit that I am aware of is that you have to have 5 posts before you have access to the private messaging system. Welcome aboard!
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Guild Novice

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a while then.

Blog Entries

I have approved your post.

You were a bit unlucky there in that it took so long. We get a LOT of spam on the site and whilst you dont see a lot of spam thats because as soon as someone hits the mod button its not visible and also the mods kill it off quite quickly. But we also have an auto moderation function whereby if your post looks like it could be spammy then it gets auto moderated and we have to approve it. So if your first post has links to stuff and images - basically the sort of post most people put in from joining then it can get caught. So thats why its always a good idea to join and post a members intro with a few lines about what your interested in then post some maps.

So apologies for the delay but in the long run you will find its worth it. And another thanks to all those who do hit the "Report Post" moderate button (little triangle at the bottom of posts) on a post that is clearly not map related ! We take a hard line on spam, SEO fluff and things that prevent the site from delivering its great service.

I guess I'll bump this thread rather than create a new one for the same topic (and since I can't send PM's yet): I've been trying to post a reply in my thread for at least three times now over the course of about two days, but so far there's been no approval, so I suspect it's not just due to a moderator not having gotten to it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    I guess I'll bump this thread rather than create a new one for the same topic (and since I can't send PM's yet): I've been trying to post a reply in my thread for at least three times now over the course of about two days, but so far there's been no approval, so I suspect it's not just due to a moderator not having gotten to it yet?
    Well, that was odd. You were posted three times but they were all marked as spam. Could be someone accidently tagged it as spam? I'm not sure but I deleted the two extra attempts and approved the first post. Hopefully, that's over now.

Cheers!
    PS. And to back up Redrobes, for me, I only get to do this stuff in the late hours if I happen to be awake with energy or in the odd moments I have a few minutes to spare. Sorry you had issues there but I hope they are working now. This is actually the first time I've noticed this. Makes me wonder if I'm missing something I should be checking
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 03-08-2013 at 02:38 AM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Mine seems to have been under moderation for quite some time as well. I had posted a WIP in the Regional/World Maps section with a link and an image attachment.

I'm also running into this problem. I attempted to post a thread into the Regional Mapping forum for my WIP world map, and it hasn't shown up for over a week at this point. I have been informed by Korash that it was awaiting approval by a CL, but it seems to have taken quite a while. I was wondering if one of you kind gents would be able to approve it? I attempted the post twice, once with my working title Cratonia, and once with my (likely) actual title of Dhal Erda. So the later one would be preferred =)

I'm wondering if the definition of spam was altered in someway, recently. Seems like users Mendax, Black_Rose, zookeeper, vapourfire and I all had the same problem relatively close to one another...

Blog Entries

I tend to validate posts about once a day but I use this slow forum page thing where you can ban the people spamming so if its older than showing up on the recent posts then it can get lost in the post turn over. We have a faster way but we cant ban the spam users. So today I went through that one and sorted them all out. I guess I need to hit the faster method at the end of the slow process. We do get a lot of spam and if you had all of the posts issued and no moderation then there would be no forum here to speak of at all. This forum software is garbage, particularly at sorting out real user logins and filtering out by IP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast