Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Land with no name..

So the labeling has progressed pretty far, not sure if it stays like this. The city symbols could change ( all smart objects so it would be on the fly ... ). But I think I´ve reached a solid working basis. The name of the map is our homebrew game system I made the map for. It´s more a hobby than something to be shown

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	World-of-Tarnath-15-lables.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	52442

First thought:

"Ok, labels, let's take a look."

Third thought:

"Oh, NOW I see them."

Mostly a problem in the bright desert, the others are visible. :p

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Looks better and better Labels seems a bit blurry though but maybe you had to decrease resolution to post here?

It´s half resolution, text is 36 px. I left myself room for some detail. Contrast and brightness of text are on my list, as are compass and scale. I will get to it

Guild Adept

Love your mountain ranges. I have been trying different methods of procedural generation on the map I'm working on and I am just not satisfied. I may well have to take the time and effort to paint my mountain ranges.

Aha, another addict to the fast lane. I tried procedural generation with different programms. To get a decent look out of the procedural mountains the learning curve is steep and the work just as time consuming in a different way. It just depends on the style you are going for. Good map -> hard and fun work
    I´m pondering above the names for my map and have not come up with a decent idea for a compass. I want it to breathe soul and context into this map. I´m not sure if that can be achieved ( by me anyway... ). I will post an update if it´s done or I need some CC. THX for following my thread.

So here is a little progress on the compass. Scalebar next and then some rest for my brain.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	World-of-Tarnath-Lables-16-2-flat.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	2.20 MB 
ID:	52603
    Last edited by Troedel; 03-03-2013 at 05:35 PM. Reason: wrong file...

This map is turning out lovely

What program are you using to do this? I have seen so many of maps with this look, and i have no idea how u are doing them. The colors and everything blend so damn well. What are the res and dpi? Im the biggest newbie here, so teach - master Love it btw

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123