Thread: WiP: The Hinterlands Region

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Applicant

Wip WiP: The Hinterlands Region

Greetings!

First off, while I've known about this site for a long time and occasionally came here to admire the pretty pictures, I've just recently started getting into making my own maps and have found the resources and tutorials here indispensable. In short: it's totally awesome.

I'm a complete n00b when it comes to making maps beyond a quick sketch here and there, and I have to admit that whatever qualities this map possesses are not through any labor of my own. The mountains, trees, and so forth are all from a set of brushes I downloaded from DeviantArt (and which I'll credit at some point). I have hopes to someday draw my own mountains and things, but at this time, for the game I'm DM'ing, I'm more than happy with this brush set.

There is much to add to the map, some of which I'm not yet aware of because I haven't fully developed the region, but if anyone has any thoughts or critiques, I'd love to hear them. Just ignore the empty space for now. It will be filled in later.

One thing I want to change is the text style of the labels. It doesn't exactly fit the rest of the map, I think, but I haven't yet found a way to make it better. My Gimpabilities are lacking.

Also, do the rivers make sense? I understand rivers can be a source of humor and contention here. (Prematurely ending the one in the lower right was a mistake. I think I'm going to put some mountains there.)

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hinterlands-region-sm1.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	52110