Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feb Entry: Brigatines Rest

Midgardsormr, I did mention I intended to place a depth scale to one side to help illucidate the meaning. And I've done it now, see attached. I have an inset box on top right to place a top down map (and you'll see there are no beaches, it's all cliffs on this part of the coast). Also included some story matter below that.

Almost done!

GP

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cross-section-almost.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	891.2 KB 
ID:	52258
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Looking good. The fish help push it back some. I think with that, the depth gauge, and the inset map, you've resolved any problems I was having with it. I love the octopus!

Q: Is the buried compartment somehow air-filled? It doesn't seem likely but I thought I'd ask. If not then maybe something's living in there too?
    M

Done!

Quote Originally Posted by mearrin69 View Post
    Q: Is the buried compartment somehow air-filled? It doesn't seem likely but I thought I'd ask. If not then maybe something's living in there too?
    M
    No, but the details blur out when placing transparent blue on top, so I left it alone. The ship is full of water, hence why it sank.

GP

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	brigatines-rest-final.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	966.0 KB 
ID:	52269
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 02-14-2013 at 08:41 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

I see I misspelled "Brigantine", I missed the first "n". So I fixed that in the title block. Also, the ship in the inset map was pointing the wrong direction, so I rotated it slightly counterclockwise. Now it's better. Just a tweaking, the challenge map is definitely done now.

GP

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	cross-section-tweaked-final.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	965.9 KB 
ID:	52279
    DrivethruRPG store

You also have an "it's" for "its" error. Fortunately, you can use that apostrophe to replace the one missing in "Davy Jones' Locker"

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    You also have an "it's" for "its" error. Fortunately, you can use that apostrophe to replace the one missing in "Davy Jones' Locker"
    And that's why writers always need editors - thanks, rdanhenry. Map is corrected. I did write that in one two minute sitting. It wasn't intended to be high prose, just something to give reason to a sunken ship.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	brigantine-corrected.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	968.6 KB 
ID:	52337
    DrivethruRPG store

Wow this looks great - very inspirational. I like the way that grid has been applied too. And the fish are cute.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Pryme8's Avatar

Love the full composition Gameprinter! I know who I am voting for! Only thing that bugs me now, is that a HUGE mast for that size of skiff.. and in the top down version you show two masts.
    Last edited by Pryme8; 02-26-2013 at 12:54 PM.

The height of the brigantine ship's mast is not too tall, though not accurate to the depth gauge on the side. There would be a second mast in the composition, but the cross-section cuts off the aft end of the ship right before the second mast. My intent was not to show the entire ship, rather to peak beneath the silt and see the interior view. The top-down shows all the surrounding areas including the second mast, the portion of the poop deck peaking above the sand and the environs surrounding it. I'm comfortable of the cut-away view, so I don't plan to make any further changes.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, however!
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123