Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finished: The City-kingdoms of the Haréshk

Great work on the heraldry!

Blog Entries

Wonderful map, man.

I need to spread some rep around before I can hit you with some more though.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Guild Novice

one of the best of vorropohaiah!, can you tell me what you make it?

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

More awesome work. What region is up next?

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beehard View Post
    one of the best of vorropohaiah!, can you tell me what you make it?
    not quite sure I get you. if you mean how did I make it... on Photoshop. the outline was blown up from an equirectangular world map i have map (converted through NASA's G Projector). theres actually few layers. the wave/coast lines were made by following a tut here (cant remember whose it is, though a quick search should find it). the land is flat, and given a gradient shape burst stroke with a small outer glow. the shields were made with custom shapes and vectors (all in PS) and given a subtle bevel/emboss to make them pop. the rest was handdrawn - mountains and trees scanned into PS and used as a brush.

most of the 'character' comes from the paper, which is used three tiomes, once set on overlay at about 30% opacity, again converted to grey, with all but the creases and tears set to 50% grey and set to soft light (making the 50% invisible and reinforcing the depth of the creases). the same grey paper texture was used as a distort displacement layer on the final jpg image to further enhance the creases and tears.

that's about it in a nutshell. if you wanted to know about something specific, just let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    More awesome work. What region is up next?
    If you care to consult my map of the Inner Sea, in the lower right quadrant, the triad of Sarastro, Venthir and the Anubian desert (collectively known as the Arid Triptych) is one of my favourite regions, with quite a bit of history and regions/features developed for them, and I might try my hand an that area, though for now its a pretty big project doing the twin stereographic world map though i tend to start multiple projects and let one take over, so to speak, so we'll see

I'm just having a mapgasm.

The heraldry, the paper folds and the damage, the icons, the typo, the lightly tilted presentation ... I really like that level of detail.

Guild Novice

i agree on the heraldry. interesting addition to a map. i like it. nicely done

This map is great! Is this your creation or are you working with someone else on it? What do you intend to use this map for?

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

it's a region of my conworld, called Elyden (most of the maps i post here are part of the world). I've been writing it for coming up to 8-years now, on-off and intend on hand-making an encyclopaedia/bible/atlas based around the world. someday...

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

And oneday I want it to be on my Bokkshelf. This is a grreat Work of Inspiration for me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast