Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finished: Tomb of Malice Level 2 and 3

Map Finished: Tomb of Malice Level 2 and 3

Here are a couple levels of a small but nasty dungeon I developed for our gaming group. Malice was actually a a cowardly, evil little gnome who'd been building an undead army by kidnapping villagers and travelers, then experimenting on them a la Frankenstein. Deviant little fellow. I never did draw up level one in Photoshop. Probably should do that some day. All hand drawn, textured, and painted in Photoshop, using icons from ProFantasy (various map packs).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ToM L2.jpg 
Views:	691 
Size:	890.4 KB 
ID:	52256

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ToM L3.jpg 
Views:	549 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	52257

Thanks for looking.
    KP
    Last edited by kewlpack; 02-14-2013 at 03:01 PM.

Excellent maps, great layout for gaming.

Unfortunately to small to use, can you do a higher resolution, Much larger version?

The originals are 300ppi 8.5x11. These are resampled for display. I never thought anyone else would be interested in them! LOL

Also, they aren't meant for game mats. Only as fancy maps the DM can show the party as they explore.

Quote Originally Posted by kewlpack View Post
    The originals are 300ppi 8.5x11. These are resampled for display. I never thought anyone else would be interested in them! LOL

Also, they aren't meant for game mats. Only as fancy maps the DM can show the party as they explore.
    Do you(or anyone in your gaming group perhaps) have a projector or large screen TV in the place you normally game in? If so, you could consider using them along with a VTT such as MapTool, Fantasy Grounds, ViewingDale, Battlegrounds, etc.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Lovely work!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by kewlpack View Post

Bigger is always better. Can you post the 300ppi 8.5x11? that at least would work on a VTT set up.

Thanks.

You said that you got the icons from Profantasy? Most of them are originally from Dundjinni Forums, some of them are my work. Didn't know that Profantasy was using them. Not a problem, but interesting.

Ah, it's quite possible. I purchased some mapping softwares about three years ago. I am sure one was Dunjinni. After I couldn't get ProFantasy to work for my style, I tossed all the icons in big library. I don't remember which came from which software or addon. All of the extras were free stuff. If you're one of those creators - THANK YOU for the icons. I'll try attaching the originals to the OP. I figured there was a file size limit.

There we go. Replaced 'em. They are only 200ppi, not 300ppi. Sorry 'bout that.

Yes, that does make it a little easier to see the details. Thanks. File size limit is just over 4 MB so plenty of room to spare.

I'm always amazed at where the stuff I make pops up.

I like your mapping style. It is very different from my own but it is nice and clean, has a good sense of depth, and looks like it is very "playable".
    Keep up the good work and keep posting. The resolution is good, but a larger size would make the maps more useful to people who want to use them
    in a VTT setting ( need 50% to 75% larger ) or who want to print battlemaps to play on (which would need to be at least double to triple this size).

Don't mind me, I'm just greedy.

Thanks for the compliments - AND your contributions. When it comes time to do more, I might bump the resolution up a bit. We typically use the vinyl maps and wet erase markers when we deal with combat. I'm the art-freak among our group so I always go overboard when I draw up something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast