Thread: Where to find large satellite images?

Default Where to find large satellite images?

Does anyone know where I can find large, higher resolution, satellite images?

I've created large images by screen capturing small sections off of Google Earth; but, inevitably, some of these smaller images are slightly skewed and the large image gets slightly skewed. Is there another resource for obtaining large images? I'm trying to get images of the ranch I manage and the largest, single, section would be about 10,000 acres. This is for work- to make planning water lines and roads, gathering livestock, managing wildlife, etc.

Ultimately, I would like to have some large printed images with the topographical information overlayed.

Any resources/suggestions?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

At a quick guess, I would take a look through NASA's site. I know they have elevation data, so they might also have live image files available. Just a thought...I haven't actually looked through it yet...
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Here's a direct link to NASA/USGS's satellite imagery portal: https://lpdaac.usgs.gov/

You may wish to contact USGS directly, as they might very well have exactly what you need already prepared. You'll probably have to pay for it, of course. You might also want to ask your question at cartotalk.com, since they're a community of professional cartographers, rather than the largely hobbyist community we have here.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name