Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: February 2013 Entry: As yet unnamed...

Blog Entries

Thanks guys.

Unfortunately I'm pretty burned out with this right now so I won't be rushing through an update like I intended. I had considered cutting down the area of the map and rattling off a quick sunken version so I had a proper entry into the challenge but I've come to the conclusion that if I did that then my motivation to carry on with it and finish it like I intended would drop off. So I guess that last image I posted will be my unsunk entry. Hehe. Sorry I couldn't get this done in time. Missing the first week of the challenge, the kids being off school for a week, a short month and my utter inability to go above a snail's pace have done me in.
    Anyway, I intend to carry on working on this as I am enjoying it but I will now finish at my own pace. So expect it in about a year's time.

Good luck to everyone who has entered the challenge this month - there are quite a few worthy entries and it will be interesting to see how the voting goes.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Excellent work! Drilling to deep for Steam? Could release a geyser, or worse drill into a lava flow!!

Guild Artisan

Very cool. Love the crisp clean lines, look so mechanized, and then the pipes tie right into the feel of the map.

Wow Ramah, even unfinished this is a way awesome piece. If you somehow did finish it by tonight I think this would blow the rest of our entries out of the water! Haha, no pun intended.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

Hehe. Thanks, Jax but there's no way I can finish it now. At least I can go watch some TV or take a break without feeling guilty now... well... not from this particular map at least.

Anyhow, I'll put up an update soon. It's still only 3/4 complete on the first version of the map but at least it won't just be a snapshot being sent forward into the challenge.

Oh, and the best name ever for a disreputable steampunk tavern occurred to me: "Drunken Piston"... I'm actually looking forward to putting some text on a map for once.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Well, you are an inspirational artist to me because every time I see something you have done it makes me want to go draw. I love that feeling and I'm sure I speak for all the rest of us in saying I always look forward to seeing more of your stuff.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123