Thread: >.> I like maps.

Post >.> I like maps.

Hey ya, I'm new here and was surprised to see a community doing something that I was experimenting with myself to learn more so I could teach others
    I like most types of maps, parchment maps and realistic maps really catch my eyes, the kinds of maps I don't like are black-white-gray maps or maps that look like modern road maps.

It's funny, some of the tutorials I saw I'm like "hey! thats my method, I invented that too!"

I've currently been using Photoshop, I just attempted to use the gimp after reading some stuff here. I like the Gimp's texture-making ability, but I don't think depart from PS without my precious layer blending options.

I don't actually make maps yet, currently I'm just experimenting/researching with methods of creating elements in a realistic map (trees mountains water clouds).

Heres the map/terrain I attempted in the gimp today.

I hope to learn and maby even teach something!

Great to have you here, GlasssSphere. As you can see, this is a site where we freely pass on techniques to each other to improve the quality of our map making - so welcome to the Guild!

As a matter of general convenience, you can download images directly to the site rather than having to post onto file sharing servers. Click the 'Go Advanced' button and then the 'manage attachments button' to do this.

Welcome GlassSphere! Post some more maps here as soons as you are able. Don't be shy about posting up works in progress either.

Joe
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome aboard. Many helpful folks here. Many...
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Guild Applicant

I've been a member here for a while but have never posted.

I'm an artist and muralist by trade and I have a lifelong fascination with maps. I found this forum when i was working on a map mural for a client.

Even after reading the FAQ I wasn't sure how to post, so I'm using the quick reply option!

I'm planning to become more involved.....lots of talent and creativity here.

Post How to post...

Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    I've been a member here for a while but have never posted.

I'm an artist and muralist by trade and I have a lifelong fascination with maps. I found this forum when i was working on a map mural for a client.

Even after reading the FAQ I wasn't sure how to post, so I'm using the quick reply option!

I'm planning to become more involved.....lots of talent and creativity here.
    I'm sure its in the FAQ, but a the top of whichever Forum your are creating a new thread, there's a button just above Forum thread titles that says "New Thread", click this and start your thread.

Do this in the introductions for your own thread, but welcome just the same!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations