Thread: Hello!

Post Hello!

I've been working on a map for a D&D campaign and discovered this place. It's pretty awesome and I used some of the tutorials on Inkscape to make the attached map. I sketched it out on paper first but I realized it'd be better if I could add and remove stuff to dynamically fill in the map as the party members explored so I redid it in Inkscape. It still needs some work, the scale on the rivers is a bit off, but overall I'm pretty happy with the result. I used a combination of the "Add Nodes", "Fractalize", and "Simplify Path" tools to get the lines to look hand-drawn. There's a little something missing to get it to look just right but I haven't figured it out yet. Maybe it'll look better when I print it out and "age" it with coffee. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DnDmap_final.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	52388  

Glad to have you aboard. Tutorials are your friend here Might be helpful if you used a white background for the thumbs, makes it easier on old eyes LOL

Welcome to the Guild DWilson! I agree with Vellum, it would be easier to view this if it were a .jpg. I'm not familiar enough with Inkscape to offer advice unfortunately, but I know a couple others here at the Guild that are. You may wish to place an inquiry in the "How Do I???" section.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh