Thread: Servus

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default Servus

Greetings, I'm Fritz from Austria, 23 years old and wet behind my ears.
    After some years of doing nothing, I decided to do worldbuilding again. Once upon a time I drew a map of a continent. I lost most data, only the outline is still there, but I didn't take any projection and distortion into account, until I was stupid enough to decide that part of the continent is at the pole. When 'polar coordinates' in photoshop didn't work as I wished I went out to find a cartography tool that could do the job, and that's how I landed here. I found G.projector and ReprojectImage which should help me to get a general feel how it's going to work out, but I think I'll dig through all the different methods I found in the tutorials section.
    In the end, I hope to find a way to create a 3D sphere with multiple linked/embedded vector files, similar to Google Earth, but I guess I have to look into really professional tools to do so - Cinema 4D will not do :(

For the time being, while looking through all the possibilities this site has to offer, I'll just start with a warm-up project of an island, probably with Photoshop.

Grüß Gott, Fritz.

Willkommen in der Gilde.

Gruß Gott nach Linz! Wir freuen uns auf Deine ersten Postings mit Landkarten usw.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Well I don't speak German so I'll just say "welcome"! Sound's like a really cool project. I wish you the best in it and look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh