Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Searing Pass

Map Searing Pass

Part.1 = the main starting map.
    Part.2 = what happens when you don't disarm the magical trap. (crispy-fried Elf, blackened Human, seared Dwarf, etc.)
    Part.3 = what happens when you get it right. WooHoo!!! On to the next adventure!

You can download the full-rez versions HERE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Searing Pass (DA preview) by Neyjour.jpg 
Views:	612 
Size:	2.59 MB 
ID:	52440  

wow quite impressive lava effect!

Thanks very much.

Great map. I like the textures, colours, and the lava

Thank you. I was really happy with how the lava turned out. Had a lot of fun with it.

Awesome! Very atmospheric. The lava and texture blending and everything does look good, as does the explosion!

Oh, and hey, I'm one of your watchers on DA! XD

Is the wall made of chain links?

I'd very glad to see no-grid versions so a hex grid can be applied! GURPS is a popular RPG system that uses hexes and because of that is in dire need of third-party maps. We're really left out in the cold.

Again, great map!
    Last edited by Sharpe; 03-24-2013 at 03:01 PM.

Thanks very much! Glad you like it. And thanks for watching me on DA!

I can't take credit for the explosion. It's a freebie I found on DA. Very awesome looking, and as soon as I saw it, I knew I had to use it in a map...for a really nasty trap! Hehe.

The chain is also a freebie, from the Dundjinni forums. I just stacked them on top of each other to create a chain wall.

A lot of my older maps only had grid versions, but I'm now including gridless versions for all my recent ones, and slowly going back through the older ones and updating them to include gridless versions as well.

I've never played a table-top RPG, so it's been quite a bit of a learning experience with making them playable (and versatile) for others to use. When I first started making maps, I didn't know anything about VTTs (I didn't even know they existed - had to watch some YouTube videos to see what they were all about - LOL!) and what you could do with them, like adding in your own grid, or how some people prefer to use hex grids rather than squares, etc. In fact, in the very beginning, I didn't even realize that others would want to play on my maps. Heh.

Thanks again!

Guild Adept

Quote Originally Posted by Neyjour View Post
    In fact, in the very beginning, I didn't even realize that others would want to play on my maps. Heh.

Thanks again!
    Looking at this map, I would want to use it. Lovely map and the lava effect is just fantastic. I use MapTool almost exclusively anymore.

This set is so flippin' cool!

nolgroth, Phantos - Thanks very much!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast