Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: February 2013 Entry:Temple Aquatic

Default February 2013 Entry:Temple Aquatic

Here's something I really don't have time for but I stole away a few moments here and there and I just hate to be left out. I don't know if I'll finish it.

It's designed to be some temple beneath the Sea long ago used by an aquatic species. I'm thinking it is of an evil bent and holds an artifact. The only way in is by swimming through underwater cavern. The large entry cavern area where you emerge from the water also has upon it's floor beneath the water a map indicating another such temple holding the next artifact. (My thoughts were to use this in my own gaming world as a series of puzzles or something for my players to work out. This would be one of the temples.)

You may also see the round room on the left as you come up the steps out of the water. This room is a puzzle that will allow the flooded area within the "Trident" part of the temple, (the so called holy area) to be drained. Doing this successfully would allow the artifact to also be revealed.

This is hand drawn and I plan to do with traditional media if possible but I have shown the submerged vs dry areas using photoshop for this wip image.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Temple Aquatic.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	2.53 MB 
ID:	52453  
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Nice start, Jax!
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Been down all day with a stomach flu. Not looking good that I'll finish on time.

You still have to finish it some time, to cool looking to leave behind.

Well, it seems I found a couple hours of mindless energy to use and rather than do something important while still in my mind fog from being sick...

The colors and effects are not what I want them to be quite yet but it's way farther along than my original post.

I would like to put some lamps in for lighting as well but I'm doubtful I'll have time for that. You never know though, I've been known to go without sleep for lesser reasons.

Side note: This file is reduced in size to somewhere near half it's original.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Temple Aquatic.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	52520  
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

Ok, so just so long as nobody tells my wife I took the day off to do this and I can get enough stuff done in the next 2 hours I should be ok

I think I have to call it done, hopefully no spelling errors or anything silly but tomorrow is the end of the line so...

If you want to use this for your own game, you'll have to work out how the puzzle of "The Gates" works in order to drain the flooded spear area of the temple. My thoughts where that only by doing this would the artifact be revealed and thus obtainable. Sure, you could swim around in there and fight with the deep Sea nasties but you still won't find what you are looking for until the water is out because that's when it either drops from the ceiling or raises from the floor.

I'm thinking the Gates puzzle will be a code my party finds at some point early on in the story arc. That way if they remember it, they can use it to throw the doors in the right order.

Enough about that because I had to focus on just getting the map made. The full file is an 11 megabyte jpeg, nevermind the psd size, so this is half sized.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Temple Aquatic(halfsize).jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	3.19 MB 
ID:	52527  

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Ok, so just so long as nobody tells my wife I took the day off to do this and I can get enough stuff done in the next 2 hours I should be ok
    Yup, been there before. This looks really good Jax, a solid entry.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    been there before, too

great work

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Very nice job. I'm not a great fan of the bevel/emboss effect on text though

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    I'm not a great fan of the bevel/emboss effect on text though
    I hear you, I haven't really done anything text-wise with PS and I'm a bit time crunched. I would like something better myself but it kind of reminded me of the old Greek style of lettering that has all the Sea Gods and so I used it. Maybe if I can't sleep tonight I'll track down a better font that I can use instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast