Thread: The river shibboleth

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Default The river shibboleth

Here's my entry for this: an atlas-style map concerned with the great river Shibboleth. An excerpt from my notes reveals a bit more of its history and the myth surrounding it:

3. River flowing west and north across most of the northern Sammaean continent and the Kharkharadntid badlands, including the lands of Æthios, Lidea, N’rach, Paraiya and Mharokk, and serves as a border, of sorts, between civilised lands and the Penumbrally tainted region of the Umbra Solare.
    The river’s main course flows for some 4,500-miles before emptying in the Sea of Mharka.
    Though it shares a name with one of the Two-and-Twenty Demiurges, it is unknown if the two are linked in any way, though in the ancient myth of Æthiosi nomads, the river was created by the tears of Teroth (daughter of the Demiurge Neith) after she was raped by Volupis (son of the Demiurge Serapis).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	river contest.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	2.60 MB 
ID:	52510
    This is still early days, though i thought i'd get something out there. i'm still brainstorming styles (though i expect it'll turn out like most of my other maps :p)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	river contest.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	52508  
    Last edited by torstan; 02-26-2013 at 06:12 PM.

Hmm, it does is a cool map you have here.

But... isn't it against the rules of the lite challenge to a featured map scroll winner participate on the challenge? (unless they changed this rule recently, then forget what I said).

had no idea! if that's the case i can easily remove the latest wip tag and have the thread moved

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Counlin has it right! Once you've won an award, you can't win a lite challenge. If you still want to play along, feel free to continue the thread - but I'll remove the Latest WIP so it doesn't turn up in the Thumbnails

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

By all means continue working on it, though! I want to see how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    By all means continue working on it, though! I want to see how it turns out.
    most certainly! I've been meaning to detail this region of Elyden for some time now. it'll be fun (and time-consuming and fiddly, but fun...) coming up with all the tributaries and wetlands and different types of terrains for this.

can the thread be moved to WIP, or can i keep it here and just nor use the 'latest wip' headers for the pics?

thanks

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mateus090985's Avatar

I want to see how it goes. Keep doing it please =)

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Let's leave it here and avoid the Latest Wip tags. It's pretty quiet this month in the Lite Challenge forum