Thread: North Ilos (first attempt with CC3)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map North Ilos (first attempt with CC3)

Hello all! This is my first attempt at a map with CC3 (just got it!). It details a very small section of the continent of my current campaign. I figured I'd post it here and see what everyone thought.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g3.JPG 
Views:	686 
Size:	2.86 MB 
ID:	4298  

Exellent first attempt with CC3, George. Very nice map.

Did you do any postwork on the map in Photoshop or anything (like for the text)?

You might want to try activating sheet effects in CC3 as well. That should produce a nice effect on the bitmap fills used for the land areas.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

I like the way you incorporated the waterfall into the city, even if the scale is way off. Maybe you could try a small symbol for the city, then used a side window to show a zoomed-in city view, with the details you created.

Nice map!

jaerdaph: Yes, I used PhotoImpactX3 to do the lettering and roads with. As I said, I've only just been able to get my hands on CC3, and I don't know anything about the sheet effects, though I can't wait to use them now!

I appreciate the comments!

-george

Yes indeed a very beautiful map. The roads and lettering as you have them on your map can be done identically in CC3 by utilizing the Sheet Effects by putting a 'glow' on those layers, entities.

If you would like to know how to do it, ask I will write up a quick Tut for you if you wish.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Your text looks nicer than what CC3 will do, though. There's still an antialiasing issue with CC3 that shows up in text. I decided a while back to do all my labelling, simple icons, and compositing in a raster program like Photoshop. The elements blend with the rest of the image much better that way. Of course, I haven't done much with CC3 since I put my main computer in storage.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Guild Novice

Praise

I've seen and collected many maps done in CC3 and this is by far one of the most impressive and inspirational. Great job! All with the default CC3 symbol set to, nice! This is one of those instances that really shows what CC3 is capable of doing even without sheet effects. I for one would love to see more of your work.

Wow, if this is your first map I can't wait until you get some experience! Nicely done.