Thread: Regional Fantasy Map- Much Artistic Freedom

Default Regional Fantasy Map- Much Artistic Freedom

Hey there. So, I'm about to start writing up the first draft of a fantasy novel which, to my dismay and my excitement, is almost entirely unplanned. I'm winging most of everything, but the story takes place in a nation divided by war. So, I was just wondering if it would be at all possible to request a map from one of the many fine mapmakers around here for inspiration to the novel itself and for reference throughout the drafting process.

The glory of an unplanned novel is that I only need a few little things in specific from a map. And therefore I'd say this especially could be a great practice map for new styles or things untried. Almost complete artistic freedom for locations, shapes, styles, etc.

What I would like: It's an island about the size of Brazil. In the center of it is a group of mountains that surround 'Lichfall Valley' and that (I'm not sure if you'll need this, but in case it helps) is covered in an eternal fog. There's also a division of territory. There used to be about 12 (generalized number) total territories, and now about half of those are under the empire's flag. The eastern half of the map, basically (and they're at war for the rest).

Don't worry about rushing, just whenever it gets done, I'll be happy whenever. Thank you much to whoever takes this, and I hope this is a good experience to whoever makes it.
    "And I'm looking for a blonde in a union jack. A specific one, mind, I didn't just wake up this morning with a craving."
    -The Doctor

OK. A few questions: 1. Do i have free reign on where territories are? 2. Do I label territories or just put half under this flag of yours? 3. Do I map the eternal fog? 4. will this be used in the novel or just inspiration?

DONE! still waiting for more details until im completely finished though

Oh, whoah. Yes. You can label if you want to, I see no problem in it. You can map the fog if you like, I have no preference. This, for now, will probably just be used for inspiration and refenerence while writing.
    "And I'm looking for a blonde in a union jack. A specific one, mind, I didn't just wake up this morning with a craving."
    -The Doctor

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Atlas StyleGlobe.jpg 
Views:	1115 
Size:	462.4 KB 
ID:	53575 Well here you go i hope its everything you wanted. I put the valley in the middle surrounded by those three mountain ranges. There is icebergs off the coast, and a jungle on one of those three big islands, a desert nation. And half the island is controlled by the empire(or whatever you said) about to absorb the independent realms to the right of the map.