Thread: [REINOS IMORTAIS] Wolrd Map of Eurion

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mateus090985's Avatar

Wip [REINOS IMORTAIS] Wolrd Map of Eurion

Hello folks. I was absent from mapping because of my master, but now it is finished and I can go back to my mapping projects. Here I present you the WIP of my Low Fantasy World: Eurion, in the setting Reinos Imortais.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	REINOS IMORTAIS - MAPA A - 35 000 X 17 500 1.9B.jpg 
Views:	397 
Size:	2.38 MB 
ID:	52521

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

nice to see a map with ocean currents represented in it (if that's indeed what they are), though the choice for stark black for water seems a bit jarring. perhaps a bit lighter might make it easier on the eyes

Quote Originally Posted by vorropohaiah View Post
    nice to see a map with ocean currents represented in it (if that's indeed what they are), though the choice for stark black for water seems a bit jarring. perhaps a bit lighter might make it easier on the eyes
    Yes, they are ocean currents. In the next version that I am working in I made small corrections, but the currents are done. Landmasses, islands and elevation is also done. Rivers are done but I am doing very small aditions when I work in some places. Lakes I will still add a few of them, but not big ones probably. Deserts and desolated areas are almost done.

What I am mainly still doing are the vegetation (the darker green). I tryed to put ice but the rewsult was crap, so I cut it. Apart from it I dont think in doing much more. Political divisions, shields and capitals are out of questions because I have more than 80 of them.

You really disliked the dark blue water? It was one of the things that people most liked in my map when I show it to them.

Love, love, love the overall composition.

Looking forward to more.

Small update. I finished ocean currents and deserts. I also put some more rivers and vegetation.

Name:	REINOS IMORTAIS - MAPA A - 35 000 X 17 500 2.0B.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	2.40 MB 
ID:	52525

IMHO - this map could use (deserves) a nice border. Perhaps with a green hue to compliment the land mass and break up the black ocean (which is my favorite part of this map).
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by anomiecoalition View Post
    IMHO - this map could use (deserves) a nice border. Perhaps with a green hue to compliment the land mass and break up the black ocean (which is my favorite part of this map).
    Thank you anomiecoalition. The border is in my to do list =)

Update. I did a lot of work on it, but it is not that easy to see great improvement =).

What is left to do? Propably only show the divisions of the regions, but even it may be too much. It has already a lot of information. Suggestions?

Name:	REINOS IMORTAIS - EURION - 35 000 X 17 500 2.0B.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	3.46 MB 
ID:	52712