Thread: App I'm making to generate 2d art from 3d models

Guild Novice

Default App I'm making to generate 2d art from 3d models

This is more for getting animated sprite sheets from 3d models that have animations. It takes shots of different poses in the animation and packs the shots into a single image you can use to make animated 2d art.

I'm looking at adding multiple lighting settings, positioning settings, etc with a huge library of content you can generate art (isometric, overhead, dimetric, etc) from. I have some castle packs, animated characters and animals, etc I'm considering creating a kit.

It's rough, I just made it last night but the heavy lifting is over, setting are easy compared to generating the sheet:
    My WIP's:

Guild Novice

I'll be releasing the source code this week for the generator along with a tutorial showing how to use it. You can make isometric, dimetric, top down, etc tiles from 3d models. You can grab 3d models off turbosquid or google warehouse, load them in and output a nice isolated tileset/sprite sheet.

I threw some examples of the animated sprites on a webpage to show how they work, I made each with a couple clicks: Lee's Goodies

This is a more accurate video than the one in my original post:
    My WIP's: