Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Young Kingdoms

Guild Journeyer

Hi,

Maybe a bit darker for the coloured version of the flags ? For example, the pink side of the standard flag from the senate of Ordian is a bit light, in my opinion.

Labels are maybe a bit too stacked ? Githlia, the Wormlands, then labels for nations, then cities... a bit too dense, I would say ?

Nice map, however !

Hmm i don't know. The left one has no color left in the flags (maybe that's a screen problem on my side?) so if at all, i'd vote for the right one. But to be honest, i still prefer the version in the OP.

I don't want to be a pain in the ass (sorry, Diamond) but i have to ask: You all really "read" / "see" those "bumps" as mountains? For me they are too broad and round...more like waves, clouds or biiig hills, sand-dunes. They have not much mountain-y quality in my eyes. Especially if one zooms in on the map. If you view it in zoomed-out mode it's a tad better.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

^ Some classical Blaue's mountains...

I know that (Diamond mentioned it in the OP). And?
    Maybe i don't get what you are saying but just in case: I wanted your opinion on it.
    I don't really care for classics if all they have going for them is "hey, they are classics"...sacred cows are there to be slaughtered
    Don't get me wrong - you can't really argue about taste...so if you all like it, who am i to critizes that (I'm not trying to come off as "you guys have bad taste")
    I was just wondering and i wanted to hear some opinions.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,

What I meant is : Since you want to use Blaue's mountains, you mostly have those (Blaue's classical ) kind of round wavy mountains. But although i like this kind of mountains and don't be bothered with them on this kind of map I agree with you Eilatheen that they look rather big hills than mountains. That was one of the hard part when I made Lorn's map : fortunately, the Blaue's mountains from the Scotland Atlas has some sharper and more "moutain-like" ones but I had to work on a lot of them to make them higher, bigger or more pointy

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I, personally, am an equal-opportunity mountain-lover. I like my 'pyramid' mountains, I like these Blaue ones, sometimes I like the caterpillar ones, sometimes brushes made by you nice ladies and gentlemen. I don't feel like I'm locked into one particular style, so I'm sure you'll like the next mountains I do, Eilathen. Or maybe not...

You have your own touch on each of your maps, whatever the mountains you use, for me that's the important thing

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    I, personally, am an equal-opportunity mountain-lover. I like my 'pyramid' mountains, I like these Blaue ones, sometimes I like the caterpillar ones, sometimes brushes made by you nice ladies and gentlemen. I don't feel like I'm locked into one particular style, so I'm sure you'll like the next mountains I do, Eilathen. Or maybe not...

Don't get me wrong, D, i like the map! As of now, you still have to produce a map that does not appeal to me on at least some level. It's just that i like mountains to be more mountain-y ^^ And you do have some very good mountains in your portfolio (for example i like the ones in your Altamira map a lot).
    Looking forward to more mountain-styles from your side
    I'm trapped in Darkness,

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

you guys go on about Blaue mountains a lot, do you copy them from maps or is there a brush set with such mountains?

I catched mines from digital Blaue's atlas of scotland and after some cleaning/erasing and a few work on some of thrm in order to create bigger ones, turned them into a brushes set. I think Schwartzkreuz did some set aswell but rather with those kind of round wavy mountains.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast