Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Westerlands (Terra Solis)

I like what you've done so far, especially the mountains! Also, I saw the Atlas Maior in my local bookstore as well. I haven't bought it (yet) but it's really beautiful and inspiring.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected sreynders's Avatar

Hey guys, long time no update.
    I've been busy with my job, playing some dnd and guild wars 2 (yep, i blame mmo's and rpg's)
    anyways, ive found some little time to work on the map... very on and off work im doing here... but atleast i'm not totally giving up.
    Anyways, ive given the human and elven kingdoms some shape. Still need to redo the mountainranges... really thinking about doing it all by hand...

anyways, what do you guys and gals think?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	update.PNG 
Views:	212 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	53535

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

looks pretty nice though the colors could be muted a bit for a better overall feeling

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Yep, the colours are a bit too strong imo. You can't see the paper texture anymore. Otherwise it looks fine

Wip

Hey folks,

i'm back after a little hiatus...
    I've been busy working (and quiting my job, yep, in this economy )... so I found the time to start working on my project, changing things up a bit.
    As you can see, i changed the basic layout of the landmass, keeping the north, west and south open for exploration and later ideas. The colours that I'm using at the moment are working colours, they will change eventually. I've been trying to figure out the lore i've created, shaking things up and changing things as i go along. Removing kingdoms, adding others...

Name:	1.PNG 
Views:	179 
Size:	605.6 KB 
ID:	56578

Name:	2.PNG 
Views:	136 
Size:	541.8 KB 
ID:	56579

Name:	3.PNG 
Views:	252 
Size:	776.2 KB 
ID:	56580

Name:	4.PNG 
Views:	209 
Size:	906.1 KB 
ID:	56581

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Those changes looks pretty good, looking forward to seeing how this will progress with colors

I like the look of this map so far! I have to say, I think you had some really interesting coastal shapes in your previous map with the peninsulas and that double inner sea shape. Overall I do think the new one is better though. I really like the city icons you've made and I appreciate how you so strongly correlate settlement patterns to major rivers which is something some neglect

I like the use of the red town icons. They really pop off the map and draw your eye to the centers of habitation.

@Max: thanks mate, I actually like the changes I made. I was staring myself blind on the old map... I had great ideas but did'nt design a world that could implement the ideas i guess... so starting from nothing was the best option for me.
    @Viking: I'm planning on making the coastlines a little bit more interesting later on... working on more detail as more of my ideas get integrated into the map. The cities around major rivers is something I really wanted to do. It just made alot of sense for me to make this choice.
    @Green-Pilgrim: thanks! i was going for a eyecatcher with the icons. Cosmopolitan life is pretty important in my world. I'm building around a big contrast between culture and nature at the moment.

Thanks for the nice comments!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123