Thread: Game of Thrones - in space!

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Default Game of Thrones - in space!

Well, this has been running circles in my mind for quite some time. Game of Thrones (well, A Song of Ice and Fire) always struck me as something that could easily be adapted into a Dune-esque. So decided to give it a shot. Here's my first take at Westeros imagined as a star system.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	westeros_in_space_by_stratomunchkin-d7zmk3r.jpg 
Views:	949 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	67472

I'm open for suggestions (looking for them, actually^^) regarding what second tier families should be represented by moons/asteroids of their own and how to best portray something like the wall and what geographicl features of Westeros need to be represented. I've been thinking stations and minefields, but even those need to be shown somehow on the map.
    Last edited by Wired; 09-18-2014 at 01:03 PM.

A very basic idea of the trinary star system I've got in mind.

Update on the trinary system.

Sun "C" would be in the north-west corner.

And a question regarding Qarth: should I have it orbit Slaver's Bay, or make it a planetoid or something like that on the northernmost tip of the Red Waste?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trinary_star_system_wip_by_stratomunchkin-d7zr6x6.jpg 
Views:	2002 
Size:	3.12 MB 
ID:	67507

Good idea, I really like this last one.

Great idea! I wish I watched or read The Game of Thrones so I would know more about this crossover, but I do know that it is a fantastic map! Great Job!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Good idea, I really like this last one.
    Thanks! I'll have to redo the "Westeros" part (the old asteroid belts look like crap compared to the one for the "Essos" system) and I'll have to add a whole slew of details/more locales.
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    Great idea! I wish I watched or read The Game of Thrones so I would know more about this crossover, but I do know that it is a fantastic map! Great Job!
    Thank you. The simple idea behind it is that Game of Thrones always struck me as a setting that would easily work like something as Frank Herbert's "Dune".

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

great initiative . I liked the idea ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Edilson Belangier View Post
    great initiative . I liked the idea ^^
    Thank you. I've got to put that project on the backburner though. I'm back working shifts which leaves little spare time for maps. :/

For "Dune-esque" you could have all of these places in different star systems- they needn't be in one system. The system you have here would be unstable as hell, too, unless the stars are very far apart. But I guess it is fantasy, eh? And very pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by acrsome View Post
    For "Dune-esque" you could have all of these places in different star systems- they needn't be in one system. The system you have here would be unstable as hell, too, unless the stars are very far apart. But I guess it is fantasy, eh? And very pretty.
    Yes, the stellar dynamics are obviously completely made-up. Since the general idea was to limit the setting to a trinary system and still have a viable Dothraki equivalent in there I had to improvise. But then, as you said, it is science-fantasy.