Thread: Time to stop lurking...

Guild Novice Guild Supporter n8ey's Avatar

Default Time to stop lurking...

I came across this board a few weeks ago because every consultation with the Great Google regarding "fantasy", "maps", "tutorials", "cartography", "RPG" showed many results from this forum.

Now that I've had a chance to read through a few threads and start to gain my cartographer-legs, I'm thinking it's time to edge out of my dark little corner.

In the coming weeks or months, I may even dig out some of my old hand-drawn maps, scan them, and try some of your wonderful tutorials.

I'm looking forward to becoming part of this forum.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Welcome to the mappiest place n8ey! Feel free to share your works. Tutorial section may be useful to learn some tips and WIP section is a good place to get critics and advices.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

ooooo!!! Hand drawn maps!!!!! GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE!!!!!!

In case you hadn't figured by now, we just LOVE Hand drawn maps here at the Guild, The Mappiest Place on the Web (as Max has already stated...stop stealing my line Max!! ) Show us what you got. 'Tis true that most of the maps you see here are computer generated, but quite a few of them use hand drawn elements as well, if not actually start out as hand doodles somehow.

Quite frankly we just love maps, no matter what the tools used to create them. In fact 'tis the new and inovative methods and tools that can wake us jaded greybeards out of our slumber

Have fun during your stay.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mateus090985's Avatar

Welcome aborad! I really want to see your work. I will give some rep for you to begin =0

Welcome to the Guild, look forward to seeing your work!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Argh - disorganized storage of old maps + broken Photoshop install means delays in getting stuff up...

I'ma just thinking I may scan and put things up without Photoshop... It's just frustrating, as I paid the Adobe tax I want to use the Adobe product.

One of two maps sets I've dug up and posted, the other is waiting moderation.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Guild !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.