Thread: Great Hall of Pella Sol'Kur

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Great Hall of Pella Sol'Kur

Ages pass between logging in. I finally have something to share, though not quite done. This is the Great Hall of Pella Sol'Kur, inspired by Dyson at Dyson's Dodecahedron earlier this week. My map measures 64 inches long. You can see a mini standing by the pools in the deep caves. I will finish the non-playable area and re-post an image with nothing on the map so that it may be captured and re-coloured or worked with in whatever way you have available.

In the Great Hall itself, you find a raised platform and the throne dais one step higher than that. Behind the throne is a secret door which led to a room with a long narrow exit through a door feeding back into the side chamber of the hall. Unfortunately, the creatures that came up through the pools in the deep caves broke through here (and elsewhere). You will also find in the left-most panel an isolated strongroom accessed by two tunnels coming from (1) a chamber across the entrance hall and (2) a tunnel dug at a later date by the invaders (my sons).

Dyson's original post is linked below.

The image was drawn entirely freehand with pencil then retraced using pen. I used coloured pencil working on the textured floor of the kitchen for a bit of depth and variation. See the inspiration from Dyson's book here:[Tuesday Map] The Great Hall of Pella Sol’Kur (3 maps) | Dyson's Dodecahedron

It is AWESOME to see my inspiration turn into the inspiration for other greatness. This is awesome!
    Dyson's Dodecahedron
    an RPG blog, with a few maps

Pretty much all my maps are drawn by hand - ink on paper - and then scanned and contrast-enhanced