Thread: Map for my novels

Help Map for my novels

Hi there guys and girls i have been searcing the net and trying myself to get a good sized map with detail but no place names for a set of fantasy novels i am writing. I have been trying for about 2 years and given up many times (mainly due to my wife having my 2 sons) is there anyone here who can either help me create a world of my own or let me use and edit a pre made map. Thanks in advance.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

If it is creating a map of your own that interests you, there most DEFINITELY be people around here who can help ...and possibly make one if you ask nicely Mapping is what we are all about here at The Guild, The Mappiest Place on the Web. And welcome you are indeed. You will find all sorts of tutorials here, for all sorts of programs, admittedly most of them are for Photoshop and the Gimp. Following these tuts will be the best way to get from here to there imoho. If you want to get there quicker, I would suggest that you start a WIP (Work In Progress) thread with your work as soon as you start a new map. This is indeed the best way to get access to the vast knowledge base on all things mappy that the membership brings to the Guild. Don't be shy about asking questions either because we are a very freindly group and the advice you will receive will get you there much faster.

And you will be surprised at how fast that initial journey can be, and the results at the end will be well worth the trip, I assure you.
    Last edited by Korash; 03-04-2013 at 10:38 AM. Reason: forgot linkies
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Welcome to the Guild Hangran! BTW, I created a free to use blank fantasy map a while back that you can you if you like. You can find it here.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh