Thread: Empire of Kaidan

Default Empire of Kaidan

This is the final map for the Archipelago and Empire of Kaidan, that will be released as a published map for both the Gamemaster's Guide to Kaidan and the Player's Guide to Kaidan, by Rite Publishing for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. This map will be included whole and broken down into provincial sections with added labels for sites of interest in the gazetteer portion of the GM's guide.

This map uses my own developed technique using hand-drawn linework combined with beveled shapes created in Xara Xtreme Pro 4 - my preferred vector drawing application for creating maps. The step by step process in creating this as well as an explanation of what I do in working this technique is available in it's WIP thread.

This is the final corrected version - I had some label and layer issues on the last upload in the WIP thread.

Kaidan is a Japanese word that means "ghost story" and it's a setting I've been developing over the last couple of years. Being new in publising, I've been working closely with Steven Russell of Rite Publishing, and his staff of freelance writers, designers, editor and illustrators to create a feudal Japan crossed with Asian horror setting and supplements. I own the IP of Kaidan, share the copyright with Steve, do the primary development, cartography, some design, some writing and the page layout for the published material. We've released a trilogy of modules called the Curse of the Golden Spear which pits 5 each 5th level standard PFRPG characters leading them through 7th level in a creepy introduction to the setting. We've released 3 one-shot adventures (one a free download), 3 racial supplements, 2 faction supplements and a haunts supplement so far. We will be releasing the GM's and Players guides as softcover, b/w interior books, with the GM's guide being 200 pages long - following a successful Kickstarter we ran this summer to pay for them.

You can find all the Kaidan releases at the Paizo store and DrivethruRPG/RPGNow.

Here's the final map of the Archipelago and Empire of Kaidan...

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kaidan-final-map-tweaked.jpg 
Views:	738 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	53036  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 03-22-2013 at 02:44 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Interesting style By the way, Taruko and Kyobe labels are still being overlapped a bit.

I fixed those labels. I had added a few more forest areas and some marshland in Haruma, the northern province on Genshu, and accidentally moved the hand-drawn part above the labels while placing the forests - now it's fixed. Thanks for pointing that out.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations