Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Westedge Kingdoms

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Westedge.jpg 
Views:	503 
Size:	3.96 MB 
ID:	52604

Westedge Kingdoms

As of yet this map does not have a story to go with it. There are three kingdoms represented here: Orid Maranth, Elethdon, and Errenmoore, with their respective capitols Moraw, Aydethhall, and Caythl. The climate of most of the region is temperate, with Orid Maranth becoming warmer and dryer. Remnants of more ancient lands include the various wells scattered throughout the kingdoms. These may hold water, but thus far no one has found a long enough rope to reach it.

Other interesting locations:

The Black Forest and the Enderfall are rarely visited and have nearly fallen into legend. The Falling Road Ruins are said to be from the same age as the wells.
    The Four Sisters are four impossibly tall pillars that rise from the desert of Orid Maranth. To become a king, priest, general, or judge of that land, one must reach the top of the particular pillar.
    Ere's Claws are three deep canyons that carve their way through western Elethdon. They are pleasant places to shelter flocks and herds, as the way down into them is easy and there is much water and flora on the canyon floors.
    The Andaloth is the longest river in the three kingdoms, followed by the Raynmere and the Barrenrun. The Dancing River is considered the most beautiful with its many rapids and cascades, while the wide Ereman River is a favorite for boating parties.

This map was drawn by hand on a 9" x 15" pad with a mechanical pencil. It was then scanned and photoshop was used to add the color.

Guild Member Facebook Connected

Looks good! Are those flying islands? I'd like to know some more about those. Was this completely hand-drawn? I like the authentic style. Keep it up.

This is a very nice map. It looks great, and it has a great description/quirkiness. I particularly like the waves on the sea (which must have taken ages), the 'font' and the border. Really well done - have some rep.

Very impressive mechanical pencil work. Nice hand lettering & border intricacy. Cool ideas on the map especially the awesome and 'seldom visited' northwest corner with floating islands in a sea of stars! I would hesitate to walk on such a "Falling Road". Thanks for posting your map.

Lovely hand-drawn piece Sylva Knight! Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

I dig this map a lot. Looks very good. Very evocative.

Have some Rep.!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Extremely impressive. A prime example of the principle: "The best way to make a map look hand-drawn is to draw it by hand."

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

nicely put-together. i like the use of digital colouring, which doesnt look out of place at all

Thank you so much, everyone! Yes, the map is completely hand drawn except for the colors. Those were done in photoshop. I'm hoping to try to do one with watercolor someday, but for now digital color is quicker and cleaner.

I'd like to know more about the floating islands myself. Right now all I know for sure is that they are the LAST place I'd want to be, what with all those insanely long rope bridges. Although to see stars above and below would be neat.

The waves on the sea were inspired by some of the maps in Ortelius' atlas. I'm still working on making mine look like them. I'm also a huge fan of ornamentation and celtic knotwork, so I like to use those features on my maps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast