Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: World Map of Veriel

I'm starting to put names for countries and stuff down. I'm not doing anything fancy here, just writing names on simple white land. Names are subject to change or move around until I'm settled with it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Veriel-With-Labels.jpg 
Views:	2109 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	52757

I've made a bit of progress I think I'm decided on which map projection I'm going to use - Eckert III. And I've started going with a more antique style than realistic like before. I've started putting down labels. I'm not sure how I'm going to draw the mountains, I'm still experimenting with that. And I still have to do rivers. But so far I think it looks pretty nice:

Name:	Ecket-III-Projection.jpg 
Views:	602 
Size:	3.76 MB 
ID:	52810

This is looking rather nice! The color scheme is attractive, and I like the land formations. The only thing I'm not so fond of is the font you've chosen for the capitals/cities; it doesn't seem appropriate for an antique piece.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

arsheesh: Thanks You're right about the font. I've changed it to something that I think looks better.

Okay, I've added borders to the countries and added some cities in Abathel and Seîna, though I'm nowhere near done. I still got a bunch of countries and cities to add. I've made some simple mountains and hills brushes. Still got to add some more hills but I think I'm done with the mountains. I've added a river going through E'avok.

I took the color off the map for now. It wasn't sitting well with me, it looked too vibrant for an antique map. So until I can find another way to put color on this thing, I'm going to keep it like this.

I've also started making some symbols for things like the capital cities. I'm thinking of making flags for some of the countries but haven't decided yet. . .

Name:	Ecket-III-Veriel.jpg 
Views:	2249 
Size:	4.75 MB 
ID:	52853 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	symbols-Veriel.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	52854

Looking really good so far, I dig the mountains. The new (Optimus Princeps?) font looks much better as well.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

I really liked the whole shape.
    You know, i can see Brazil, Africa, Australia and all Europe Structure. Super amazing to define all politics and economic features.
    Waiting for more progress

arsheesh: Glad you like the mountains The font is actually Trajan Pro, and I totally agree. The other fonts are, for the outlines, Palatino Linotype and for the cities, Vijaya.

aquarits: Thanks I did get a lot of inspiration from the landmass shapes of earth, especially on the western continent. The eastern continent has kinda been evolving without too much of earth in mind though. The one that I assume you think looks like Australia, the southwestern one, I totally agree and have pretty much thought the same thing since I first made it

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Aquarits summed it up pretty nicely: the continents are a very interesting shape and offer a lot of scope for possible worldbuilding after

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Nice job. Also with the triangle mountains and overall tone, looks like almost some Diamond style's maps, well which is a good thing Not sure about the cities icons though...
    And I agree Trajan pro is just a beast font

vorropohaiah: Thanks

Max: Thanks! I decided to do the triangle mountains since I didn't think more custom looking mountains would look right on this sort of map. I don't think I've seen any of Diamonds maps, I'll have to check them out. As for the icons, I'm still working on them and they probably won't be those colors by the time they're on the map

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast