Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steammancers' Folly

Looking great.

Blog Entries

Nearly done with the actual map now. Should hopefully get on to adding some labels tomorrow. So first half should be completed soon... zzz.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Limpet_10.jpg 
Views:	370 
Size:	2.48 MB 
ID:	52948
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

This is just...wonderful Shading/lightning work is kind of perfect

Impressive; I love the way you've situated the city on the cliffs like that. It looks realistic, like nothing relies on some vague "extraordinary" means of support - the city looks solid and "natural". The detailing, shading, and hand drawn (but very clean) line work is just beautiful. The color scheme reminds me of gears and brass (and steampunk; forgive the association if that's not what you're going for).

- kes
    Portfolio & Project Blog: 99 Colored Umbrellas
    World Building Project: Worlds of Sand

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

the text in the text bar on the left is a bit blurry but other than that slight nitpick, looking great (i can see how you didn't have enough time to finish this last month!)

Blog Entries

Thanks guys.

Max - I've actually taken a lot of artistic licence with the shading/lighting with multiple shadows on shadows, shorter shadows to aid legibility, longer shadows to aid definition etc. etc. so it's far from perfect but I thank you for the compliment.

Kestrelgrey - That is indeed the association I am going for so no need to forgive anything.

Vorropohaiah - That text isn't set in stone at all. I may even move that particular piece to the box in the bottom right and use it as the title. Just about to get started on adding some text right now. And yeah, I was being hopelessly naive in thinking I would get anywhere near finishing this. Hehe. Although having said that, I have been taking it very easy since the contest finished and I didn't intend to make it quite so detailed/busy at the time. I'm just taking the opportunuity to take my time over it which is strange because I am getting totally sick of the sight of it. :S
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Yes I noticed the lot of work on shading and really liked it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123