Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: March 2013 Challenge Entry - The Temple of Saint Patrick of Swayze

Professional Artist Cunning Cartographer's Avatar

Default March 2013 Challenge Entry - The Temple of Saint Patrick of Swayze

[EDIT: Final map on page 3: Monastery of Tyrs and the rather extensive write up to the various puzzles can be found on page 4 (warning.. it's quite a read!).

Okay, so that's just a working title, but the running theme through my dungeon will be Ghosts. The first room of the adventure in my mind has a puzzle in the middle and no doors on the walls. When the adventurers successfully complete the puzzle they are killed (WTF?!) and become ghosts. In the room there will now be ghostly doorways that they can see now that they are part of the shadow world and they can pass through them when in their incorporeal form.

Dungeon Features

• The main puzzle of the dungeon will be a maze like layout where some areas they can only pass through if they are in their ghost form, otherwise they must find various shrines in the labyrinth to resurrect at.
    • In their corporeal form they will appear with all their gear, and are obviously now targets to the ghosts and other undead type creatures in the dungeon.
    • Whilst in ghost form they can pass through doors and ghostly mobs will not attack them (so they could scout a room as a ghost so they know what awaits them beyond), however, there will be a "Reaper" type mobs that hunts ghosts down that don't belong. Dying to this mob as a ghost is an actual death as expected, they cannot be killed and you are only safe from them whilst in your corporeal form.
    • Some rooms require you to be in your corporeal form to operate manual puzzles (our ghosts are not poltergeist) to move deeper into the complex.
    • Friendly ghost NPC/s who can give advice and help guide you through the dungeon
    • Multiple ways to complete (not sure what the objective or story background is yet) and multiple routes to take

So that's what I got so far. Roughing out a general map and thinking of ideas and routes as I go. Right now I'm not sure whether to do this as a smaller GM map or a usable battlemap.
    Last edited by Cunning Cartographer; 03-28-2013 at 09:12 AM.

A CL will need to change your title, as one of the challenge requirements is to setup your title as "March Entry: ?" or "March 2013 Entry: ?"

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Ack! My bad, total oversight. Yeh if someone could change it then it would be appreciated.

I already failed the challenge... unbelievable.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

And done. Sounds like a fun concept for a map!

Blog Entries

Sounds like a brilliant idea. I look forward to seeing how you pull it off.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

That's thinking outside of the (corporeal) box! Effing brilliant.

Cheers,
    Gpig

*looks at the puns*

You should all feel ashamed of yourselves.

Yeah! Nobody put's Yospeck in a corner.

Guild Applicant

A great idea for a session. Hoping to see it come to fruition.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast