Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bryce and a map

Guild Novice

wow! great work
    i've worked with bryce before for architectures and found it to be excellent but have trouble controlling landscape morphologies.
    are there any tutorials or tips here on this?

I really like the realistic-terrain-model-surface look of this. If you could please make your place-names sound more American instead of whatever Swedish Dwarves labeled this map. (Kidding). I like your red city dots. Now to a serious question, can you just continue the terrain in all directions to extent of page, rather than looking as a floating table? Next a river inquiry: Why has the Stromstrida river turned towards the lake, instead of breaking a channel to merge directly with the nearby Maure river on its march to the sea? A wall of elevation to prevent such a confluence and turn the Stromstrida sharply towards the lake there is not evident to me. The foot of the nearby mountain makes a visual cue that the downhill direction is towards the Maure just as much (or more-so) as downhill is towards the lake.

Thank you for sharing, and good luck with your map progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    I really like the realistic-terrain-model-surface look of this. If you could please make your place-names sound more American instead of whatever Swedish Dwarves labeled this map. (Kidding). I like your red city dots. Now to a serious question, can you just continue the terrain in all directions to extent of page, rather than looking as a floating table? Next a river inquiry: Why has the Stromstrida river turned towards the lake, instead of breaking a channel to merge directly with the nearby Maure river on its march to the sea? A wall of elevation to prevent such a confluence and turn the Stromstrida sharply towards the lake there is not evident to me. The foot of the nearby mountain makes a visual cue that the downhill direction is towards the Maure just as much (or more-so) as downhill is towards the lake.

Thank you for sharing, and good luck with your map progress.
    Thank you all for the feedback. I'll see if I can turn this into a tutorial.

Gold: The heightmap has some issues. Stromstrida is supposed to start in the mountain. But the heightmap is wrong, dividing the river to what appears to be two flows. I suppose I could make a small hill between the Maure river and Stromstrida to make it even more clear that they shouldn't connect. Have in mind that the heightmap is not generated. it's totally manually which gives me more control - and more errors!

Very nice! The mountain lake is pretty now

I'm impressed.

Wow this is really cool! I've known about bryce for awhile but haven't tried anything with it. This is making me want to try stuff

Very nicely done! Will be watching this thread for tips as I really like the 3d styling > Have some REP to encourage further development .
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

I would welcome a tutorial on this technique as well. You've achieved a great result here. Have some rep!

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks nice - and I second the call for a tutorial

I guess that means I ... triple? triplicate? second the seconding? XP for a tutorial ^w^ Lovely map; looks like the 2D version is just as good looking as the 3D version.

- kes
    Portfolio & Project Blog: 99 Colored Umbrellas
    World Building Project: Worlds of Sand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12